Monday 7 April 2014

What happens to each of us who come by faith to God through Christ?



Regeneration-when God changes my heart: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; ... and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them" (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

Conversion-when God changes my life: "Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3).

Repentance-when God changes my mind: "Bear fruits worthy of repentance" (Matthew 3:8). When God transforms our minds we change. When we believe right, we begin to behave correctly.

Adoption-when God changes my family:You received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God (Romans 8:15-16).

Sanctification-when God changes my behavior: or by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us...: "I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them" (Hebrews 10:14-16).

Justification-when God changes my state: Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). What does it mean to be "justified"? In popular, everyday language, the word can be paraphrased: "just as if I'd never sinned." It means that God has no record of anything ever having gone wrong in our lives.


Glorification-when God changes my place: "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world" (John 17:24).[6]


 I encourage you to write these in your Bible, then believe them, live them, and share them as you act on the reality of God's signature across your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment