Saturday 23 April 2016

What shall I render to the Lord For all His benefits toward me? (Notes from Psalm 116)

Description Of God:
            Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
            Yes, our God is merciful. (:5)

Deeds of God:
              He has heard
              My voice and my supplications.
              Because He has inclined His ear to me (:1,2)
              The Lord preserves the simple;
              I was brought low, and He saved me.
              Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
              You have delivered my soul from death,
               My eyes from tears
              And my feet from falling. (:6-8)
              You have loosed my bonds. (;16)

Godly practices:
           I love the Lord  (:1)
           I will call upon Him as long as I live. (:2)
           I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living. (:9)
           What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me?
           I will take up the cup of salvation,
           And call upon the name of the Lord.
           I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people. (:12-14)
           O Lord, truly I am Your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant;
           I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
           And will call upon the name of the Lord.
          I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people, (:16-18)

Experience of the psalmist:
             The pains of death surrounded me,
             And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
             Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
            “O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
             You have delivered my soul from death,
             My eyes from tears,
             And my feet from falling.  (:3,4,8)







No comments:

Post a Comment