Monday 21 March 2016

A sign for good (Notes from Psalm 86)

Description of God:

You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. (:5)
Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
Nor are there any works like Your works (:8)
You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God.(:10)
You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,
Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. (:15)

Past experience of the psalmist :
Great is Your mercy toward me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. (:13)

Yes, its true! The Blood of Jesus Christ has the power to deliver a soul from the depths of Sheol.


Prayer outlines:
Preserve my life,...Save Your servant who trusts in You! (:2)
Be merciful to me, O Lord (:3)
Rejoice the soul of Your servant (:4)
Teach me Your way, O Lord; (:11)
Unite my heart to fear Your name. (:11)
Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me!
Give Your strength to Your servant,
And save the son of Your maidservant.
Show me a sign for good,
That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed,
Because You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.(:16,17)

Determination of the psalmist :
In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me. (:7)
I will walk in Your truth (:11)
I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, 
and I will glorify Your name forevermore. (:12)



-  David Nallapu (Evangelist & Missionary, AGAPE Ministries - Intl.)









No comments:

Post a Comment