Friday 8 April 2016

Unchanging God (Notes from Psalm 102)

God is described as :
                   Eternal God, Merciful, shows favour, builds up, Glorious, Answers prayers, delivers, Creator, Unchanging, Establishes (:12,13,16,17,20,25,27,28)

Psalmist comparing himself:
                 I am like a pelican of the wilderness;
                 I am like an owl of the desert.
                 I lie awake, and am like a sparrow alone on the housetop. (:6,7)

                 my days are consumed like smoke,
                 and my bones are burned like a hearth.
                 my heart is stricken and withered like grass, (:3,4)
                 my days are like a shadow that lengthens,
                 and I wither away like grass. (:11)

Promises of God:
              the Lord shall build up Zion;
              He shall appear in His glory.
              He shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer.(:16,17)
              He looked down from the height of His sanctuary; from heaven the Lord viewed the earth,
              To hear the groaning of the prisoner
              to release those appointed to death,
              to declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and His praise in Jerusalem, (:19-21)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment