Thursday 5 May 2016

Your law is my delight (Notes from 119:73-80)

Description of God: 
                 Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
                 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right,
                 And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. (:75)

Prayer:
        Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments. (:73)
         Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
         According to Your word to Your servant.
         Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; (:76, 77)
        Let the proud be ashamed, for they treated me wrongfully with falsehood;
        Let those who fear You turn to me, those who know Your testimonies.
        Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes, that I may not be ashamed. (:78-80)

Godly practices:
          Those who fear You will be glad when they see me,
           Because I have hoped in Your word. (:74)
            For Your law is my delight. (:77)
           I will meditate on Your precepts. (:78)


No comments:

Post a Comment